somebody had to do it, and it might as well be me.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Penny saved

limited tater tots
Wow, I didn't know anybody even knew about this blog. I had pretty much forgotten about it (seeing how I signed up by accident one night when I was trying to figure out how to post a comment on Amy's). I'm still trying to find my niche in the bloggesphere--that certain I don't know what that will inspire readers to return often and leave an endless thread of validating comments.

Today's tip: check for small change before dumping the crumbs from the bottom of your purse into the garbage disposal, ladies. Thanks to a barely bright enough shaker flashlight (no batteries required!) and heavenly intervention (no joke!) the first penny was miraculously dislodged and the SECOND penny just disappeared (but only after repenting for having cursed the existence of yet another coin jammed in the disposal). So now, not only do I have enough money to treat myself to a gumball, I have material for the next time I'm called on to give a 2 1/2 minute talk in Primary on God answering prayers. Amen.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lynn said...

You posted again! I love finding you here. I have to apologize for the "money" in the disposal. I tried for 2 days to get it out and couldn't stand sticking my hand into that dark, slimy hole again. You are wonderful.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

Husbands come in so handy sometimes! Way to go, Chris! I personally won't stick my hand down the disposal because I KNOW that some freak occurance will make the disposal turn on just at that moment and bye bye fingers. Just not worth it. Even for a gumball.

I am also glad you have "found yourself" here in the blogosphere. It makes me very, very happy indeed. :)

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Hooray and welcome! (That was the validating part.)
It's a shame when people just throw away their money like that! I also have a fear of sticking my hand down there--remember that commercial where the wife turned on the switch while the husband's entire arm was down there? Shivers.

1:44 PM

 
Blogger mo said...

Welcome on handy one! Here's a little hint--the rubber gasket pops out and makes everything visable and more accessible. I take mine out and scrub it all over every week or so. It gets really gross underneath!

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

Wow, Mo. Somehow that doesn't really surprise me. Clean the disposal? Who ever heard of such a thing!

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Lisa M. said...

I always have a penny or four under the floor mats of my car. Sad, but true.

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Oscarson Photography said...

ive been searching for pennies everywhere i can think of so i can take the metro to school everyday... change finds its way into anywhere it'll fit, donnit? welcome to bloggerdom.

4:49 PM

 
Blogger Emma Jo said...

I love it. Your name makes me giggle and I am already thoroughly entertained and peeved that I have another blog that I won't be able to resist reading. But blog on my brutha, blog on.

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home