somebody had to do it, and it might as well be me.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Baby Einstein vs. American Idol

Finally, research that shows I'm actually doing something good for my child. I ran across this article that announced some new research revealing that all those Baby Einstein videos that you sit your kids in front of, thinking it will somehow help them get smarter, actually has the opposite effect. My favorite line from this earth shattering article is (and I quote): "I would rather babies watch 'American Idol' than these videos" Yes!!! There you have it folks, American Idol is actually HEALTHY for children! Or at least less harmful than the supposedly better alternative. Now I can look back at those evenings of sitting in front of the TV with the whole family watching AI and know that somehow all along I knew it was a good thing.
Study faults 'Einstein' videos for infants - The Boston Globe

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lynn said...

One less harmful event to add to our children's "therapy" journals. We are so accidentally smart! :>)

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Emma Jo said...

Sweet! Now where in the article does it mention the neural benefits of Spongebob Squarepants?

9:49 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

I knew there was something fishy about those! Just a little sad to think of setting a baby in front of the TV at all. Cubby would never sit and watch one--too busy.

6:06 PM

 
Blogger Suzie Petunia said...

Shocker.

2:08 AM

 
Blogger Bradley Tee said...

All I know is AI has been a good friend over the years...it tends to put me to sleep as well as teach my children that country music does not always prevail. Thank the good country lord of that!

8:49 AM

 
Blogger mo said...

Yes! My kind of reasoning.

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home